Designer Flakes, a special selection of flakes specially formulated as a versatile medium! Simply encapsulate our designer flakes over gel polish, dip, acrylic, builder gel, sculpture gel, or any medium you like. However, you may also use them on their own. Simply top it off with Top Coat, then cure with a UV or LED light.
Each specific flake is specially formulated with its own special assorted color. Best of all, it comes in 28 different colors that sparkle and shine!
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I apply Designer Flakes?
Simply encapsulate the Designer Flakes between your base coat and top coat. However, if you're using other mediums with infused Flakes, we highly recommend applying them as normal. All Dipping Powders are applied by either dipping or acrylic method just like our normal Dip & Dap Powders.
- Prep your nails by applying pH Bonder, Bond.
- Apply Base Coat and dip your nail into your chosen Designer Flakes at a 45-degree angle. Tap finger to remove excess and wait 30 seconds before brushing off the excess powder with a nail brush. Repeat this step on the same nail until you get the color and thickness you desire.
- Apply Activator to all fingers on one hand and wait at least 30 seconds.
- Wipe each nail with a lint-free wipe to remove any excess activator.
- File & Buff to your desired length and shape.
- Apply Top Coat.
- Apply Nourish Oil to rejuvenate the cuticles.
- Prep your nails with Ultra Bond Primer to extend the longevity of your manicure, then add Nail Tips for extra length.
- Dip your brush into our slow-setting monomer and push it all the way down to make sure the bubbles go away. Then, brush it against the side of the bowl to remove excess liquid.
- Dip your brush into your chosen Designer Flakes.
- Apply the bead to your nails, then air dry. Depending on your method of application, you may repeat and apply another bead.
- Apply No Cleanse Top Coat, then cure.
How do I remove Designer Flakes?
You may remove it like regular gel by soaking it into acetone or wrapping it in foil with acetone.
Trim off any extra nail length with a nail cutter.
Buff off the shiny top layer, and avoid buffing your natural nail bed.
You may remove your blossom gel along with the medium underneath by soaking your nails in acetone. You may opt to use the Foil Method or the regular Soak Off Method.
• Foil Method
Thoroughly soak a cotton ball in acetone. Afterward, place it over your nail and tightly wrap your nail in aluminum foil. Do this for each finger and leave it on for 10 to 15 minutes. Lastly, remove the foil, and gently rub the cotton ball along with the foil on your nails.
• Soak Off Method
Pour acetone into a small bowl and soak your nails inside for 15 to 20 minutes. If excess polish remains, soak it in for another 5 minutes.
Lightly buff the surface of your nails. Afterward, shape your nails with a nail file and create your desired shape. Then, nourish your nails with Nourish Oil.
What is the difference between Designer Flakes, LB Galaxy Flakes, and Glitters?
The Designer Flakes reflect light like the LB Galaxy Flakes and the Glitters. However, they differ in size, as glitters are generally smaller, while the flakes are larger and generally come in different shapes or sizes.
How many ounces are in the Designer Flakes?
Our Designer Flakes are 1 gram per jar.
Do I Need to mix DP01 Clear with my Designer Flakes?
You wouldn't need to mix clear dip with our Designer Flakes for acrylic application, because they work fine without it. However, you may opt to cap with clear dip over the Flakes to prevent from buffing any glitters off the nails.
How do you encapsulate Designer Flakes?
Simply place your desired Designer Flakes, No Cleanse Top Coat, then cure.
When using the designer flakes, do I need to use a coat of the chrome base first?
Yes, you may. You may either use the designer flakes with a white or black base, or on a chrome base. We encourage trying different colors for the base color. You may use nudes, clear coats, or any desired color.
We're here for you, Beauty! Kindly email us at email@example.com for assistance. Alternatively, you join our iGel Beauty Facebook Community for tips, tricks, and nailspiration. We hope to meet you soon! ♡