Fierce and fresh! Our Cat-Eye Gel Polishes make it so easy to achieve a beautiful cat-eye effect! Use our Cat Eye Magnet to create lines, circles, or S-curve effects.
Cat Eye gel polish is a sleek, stylish design activated by a sheen of magnetic velvet-like pigment. After prepping and placing the Cat Eye gel polish, take the Dual Head Magnet to activate its pull. Talk about the law of attraction!
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I apply iGel Cat Eye gel polish?
- Apply a thin coat of iGel Base Coat, then cure under UV/LED lamp for 30 seconds.
- Apply one coat of Jet Black Gel Polish, then cure again under a UV/LED lamp. (A black gel polish base is applicable for 3D Top Cat Eye and LB Supernova 10D Cat Eye only; applying a black base or a different colored base is optional for 3D Cat Eye and 3D Mood Change Cat Eye, depending on the design you'd like to achieve.)
- Apply the 1st coat of Cat Eye polish of your choice.
- Use iGel Dual Head Magnet to achieve the best possible sharp effect. Move the magnet around until satisfied with the design.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 as many times as you'd like to get your desired look then cure under UV/LED lamp again.
- Finish off with iGel No Cleanse Top Coat.
All the Cat Eye polishes have the almost the same instructions - you can also repeat steps 3 and 4 as many times as you'd like until you get your desired look, or completely omit step #4 for the "Velvet" trend!
What's the difference between the Cat Eyes?
The regular 3D Cat Eye polishes do not need to have a dark base color to see its full effect as it is opaque with shimmers. The use of the magnet is optional.
3D Mood Change Cat Eye polishes don't need to have a dark color as a base - you can apply this just like any regular cat eye color and the color will change according to the temperature.
The Top Cat Eye polishes is recommended to be used with a dark base color - since this is not as "opaque" as the 3D Cat Eyes, you can layer multiple Top Cat Eye's on top of each other for a beautiful color combination.
The Supernova Cat Eye polishes are our newest Cat-Eye's and are recommended to be used with a dark base color. They feature a multidimensional galaxy-type design. Each bottle has at least 2 different colors in them and give a chameleon effect - you will see 2 different colors depending on the angle of the light!
Can I use any type of magnet?
We recommend using our Cat Eye magnet because the strength of this magnet is high so it moves the Cat Eye design quicker. Any other magnet can generally be used but depending on how strong it is, it may not be optimal.
Why am I having trouble creating the Cat Eye effect?
Temperature and inactivity can contribute to the cat's eye effect's optimal use. We advise warming your Cat Eye bottle by soaking it in hot water to activate the magnetic ingredients that may have settled on the bottom of the bottle. It is also recommended to shake the bottle and roll it over your palms to mix the ingredients well before each use.
Make sure you are close to the nail as possible and hold down the magent for a second or two to control the polish effectively.
iGel Beauty is here to listen and answer any questions you may have. Kindly email us at email@example.com for assistance. Alternatively, you can join our iGel Beauty Facebook Community for tips, tricks, live swatches, and nailspiration. We hope to see your amazing nail art soon!