Frequently Asked Questions
How do I use Nail Tips?
- Prep your nails: push back cuticle, trim cuticle, buff, and wipe with alcohol.
- Measure the your Nail Tips to your appropriate nail size. If needed, you may adjust and etch the well of your Nail Tips as necessary.
- Apply pH Bonder and Ultimate Bond Primer.
- Apply Nail Tip Glue, then attach your Nail Tips.
- Apply light pressure from the cuticle to tip, then flash cure for 10-15 seconds using your Mini LED Pro Lamp. Be sure to cure both sides of the nail bed as well as the front facing direction to allow all sides to securely set.
- You may gently buff and file the nails to your liking or leave them as is.
- Use an alcohol wipe to clean the nails.
- Apply your chosen nail medium and cure.
How do I remove Nail Tips?
1. Trim off any extra nail length with a nail cutter.
2. Buff off the top most layers, and avoid buffing your natural nail bed.
3. Remove the Nail Tips by either wrapping it in foil or the soaking it in acetone.
Thoroughly soak a cottonball in acetone. Afterward, place it over your nail and tightly wrap your nail in aluminum foil. Do this for each finger and leave it on for 10 to 15 minutes. Lastly, remove the foil, and gently rub the cotton ball along with the foil on your nails.
Soak Off Method
Pour acetone in a small bowl and soak your nails inside for 15 to 20 minutes. If excess polish remains, soak it in for another 5 minutes.
4. Buff, Shape, and Nourish
5. Lighty buff the surface of your nails. Afterward, shape your nails with a nail file and create your desired shape. Then, nourish your nails with cuticle oil.
How long do regular Nail Tips last?
It depends on how quickly your nails would grow and how well you take care of your nails. They could last up to two weeks before they need another touch up.
Can I use Pro Gel Base on regular Nail Tips?
Our Pro Gel Base is specifically made for the Pro Gel System. We do not advise using them for regular tips. Instead, we highly suggest using Nail Tip Glue - Super Adhesive.
Where is size 10?
Since the sizes are only from 0-9, the 10th slot in the box is empty. However, you may place anything you would like in the empty compartment.
What is the difference between Nail Tips and Pro Gel Tips? Which is better?
Our Nail Tips are semi-coverage extensions placed at the end closest to the free edge. To attach them, use Nail Tip Glue - Super Adhesive. In contrast, Pro Gel Tips are full-coverage faux nails, which is paired with the Pro Gel Base for ashesion. Both tips are great depending on your preference.
How do I buff and trim my Nail Tips?
How do I know if I put my Nail Tips correctly? How do I strengthen the foundation of my Nail Tips?
As long as your nail foundation is good and your nail tips are stable, all is well. To strengthen the foundation of your nails, Prep your Nails Like a Pro! How you prep your nails sets the canvas of your art.
Does this have a well?
Yes, our stilettos have a pointed end (stiletto) and a square end. The square end is the well. However, we recommend etching or filing down the area where the well is before applying it to the nail to get the perfect fit for your nail.
Can't seem to Nail your Nail Tip application? No worries! We got just the Tip for you. Kindly email us at email@example.com. Alternatively, you may join our iGel Beauty Facebook Community for more tips, tricks, and nailspiration! See you soon. ♡