Easy Ombre Gel is a base layer that sets the foundation of the ombre. It provides the perfect blending base for your chosen colors. Pair it with an Ombre Brush, and you're all set to start your ombré.
iGel Beauty presents the easiest way to achieve an ombré finish! It works great on dip powder application, gel manicures, and acrylic nails! Simply prep your nail, apply the easy ombre gel, and start your ombré.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I use Easy Ombre Gel?
- Prep your nail, then wipe it with alcohol to ensure that no residue or dust is left.
- Apply a thin layer of Easy Ombré Gel. Then, flash cure each nail with the ombré gel for 10-15 seconds with the Hybrid Pro (Kindly note that it may take a little longer with other lamps, because it depends on wattage).
- Quickly dip it into clear dip powder to help blend the color nicely by adding translucency (especially at the faded area!). However, if you would like a more opaque texture, you may opt to skip step 4. (optional)
- Apply your Dip Powder as a base color. Afterward, buff your nails and tap or dust off the excess powder with your favorite Dust Brush.
- Add the second color which you will use to ombré with. Using a round brush, pick up the dip powder of choice (a different color) and gently dap it from smile line tip to midline. Make sure that the most solid part of the gradient is nearest the smile line. When you tap off the powder, you may reuse it to build up the more translucent layers near the middle. You may repeat this step if you would like to build a more solid color, then cure each nail. Cure Time: LED (30 seconds), UV/LED (60-90 seconds), UV (2 minutes) depending on lamp wattage.
- Apply your Top Coat of choice, then cure. We highly recommend the No Cleanse Top Coat. Cure Time: LED (30 seconds), UV/LED (60-90 seconds), UV (2 minutes) depending on lamp wattage.
How do I remove Easy Ombre Gel?
Depending on how thick your gel polish is, soak it in a small bowl filled with acetone for 5-15 minutes. If they are still difficult to remove, resoak your nails for 5 more minutes. Do not pull or chip them off. (Pro Tip! If you had used gems or charms that may be damaged by the acetone, you may want to take a cotton bud or q-tip with acetone to safely remove them first.)
Afterward, use Nourish Oil on your natural nails. Then, lightly buff the remains with a light buffer, while avoiding your natural nail.
Can I use Gel Polish with my Easy Ombre Gel or Acrylic?
Yes, you may use the Easy Ombre Gel with regular Gel or Acrylic. However, we highly recommend dip as it works best with powders.
1. Prep your nails by applying pH Bonder, Ultimate Bond Primer, and Base Coat.
2. Apply gel or acrylic as your base color.
3. Buff Acrylic (do not gel, because your are applying the ombre directly)
Don’t buff too much. If smooth, the gel won't have anything to grab onto the powder, it’ll separate and peel. The rough finish is for the gel to hold onto.
4. Apply one coat of Easy Ombré Gel. Then, flash cure each nail with the ombré gel for 10 seconds with the Hybrid Pro (Kindly note that it may take a little longer with other lamps).
5. Quickly dip it into clear dip powder. (optional)
Note: The clear powder helps the color blend nicely by adding to its translucency (especially at the faded area!). However, if you would like a more opaque texture, you may opt to skip step 4.
6. Add the second color. Using a round brush, pick up the dip powder of choice (a different color) and gently dap it from tip to midline.
7. Repeat step 5 if necessary. (optional)
8. Cure each nail.
Cure Time: LED (30 seconds), UV/LED (60-90 seconds), UV (2 minutes) depending on lamp wattage.
9. Apply your chosen Top Coat, then cure.
What type of brush do I use with the Easy Ombre Gel?
Not finding Easy Ombre Gel so easy? We got you! Kindly email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. Alternatively, you join our iGel Beauty Facebook Community for tips, tricks and nailspiration. We hope to see your amazing nail art soon!